Posted (edited)

This feedback is written out of MY perspective and how I interpreted your performance and actions.

0zn01M5.pngOwner/Developer 0zn01M5.png

Sadie:

Known you for quite a while now, we've both played servers together as regular players and we've managed a server together. You've always been very dedicated and always known how you'd like your server to be. You're a clever dude, you always know how to deal with different situations that may occur to either the community or sudden changes within the staff team, such as an unexpected resignation for example, and they've always come out as good desicions in the end. What you're trying to achieve with the server sure isn't shortterm, you base the content and changes of content for longevity which is rare to see in an rsps owner. I'm not sure if you're still going to university or if that's a finished chapter in your life, back when you were at uni you were still an OWNER. There's a huge different between an Owner and an "Owner", and I'm pretty sure it's been clear for everybody in this feedback which one you are.
You are preeetty slow in replying to DM's though.

Anonymous:

Most dedicated developer I've ever met. You spend so many hours developing this server despite the fact that you also have tons of side projects going on, unless things changed for you since the last time we spoke. You always want to improve the way that the server is and the way it works. When you get your head into something you always want to improve it and strive towards success. I mean come on that's way more than you could ever expect from a developer working basically FREE for the server. Just imagine if you could make a living developing for this server 24/7, what a dream aye. I'm certain you two owners & developers got what it takes for you to get there, no doubt.

9dd0ab147681978bafdc28729eb03b84.pngServer Manager 9dd0ab147681978bafdc28729eb03b84.png

Appealing:

Haven't really heard that much from you since before I left. What I first thought of you when I accepted your staff application was that you would make a FINE supporter and I sure wasn't disappointed. You climbed up the ladder of ranks pretty fast but you were capable or dealing with the power and "requirements" that came along. Nowadays I don't see a lot of life coming from your end, make yourself known, talk to the community and make announcements, login every now and then? I'm not sure if you're active and assisting behind the scenes but don't let the other take credit for your work. Let the community know that you exist and are there to manage. I don't know if there's any underlaying issues that occured or if you're lacking motivation, perhaps you could give the community a lil heads up? Sorry if I've missed something in my inactvitity, lol.

Banks:

Ironic name due to you braging about your bank balance. Fr though, You're doing an amazing job with being a manager. The events you host are well structured and popular within the commnuity. You know what's expected from you and you deliver, doubt anyone's disappointed with your performance. More than I could expect from any other American *cough*. You're active and you interact with the community, you're responsible for most of the announcements and contact between staff team and community. This makes you the face of the server, prettyboy. You're doing a great job.

9729ff3b1602a5655ad701d1b6b9ca38.pngServer Administrator 9729ff3b1602a5655ad701d1b6b9ca38.png

Xilent (Drexel Roosh):

The well known administrator, how long have you been admin for? Someone counting? You were quite slow to reach server administrator, probably cause you're American. You've always been active on your timezone. Don't think I've ever heard another American calling you inactive. All the years we've been staff together I was always able to rely on that you were gonna be there and cover up while the european staff members were offline. What I'd want from you is to possibly take a bit more responsability in the managing work and show everyone that you're actually capable of running president in the next election. Nah but for real I'd like to see you as the next server manager after appealing & banks, no doubt, you've deserved to have the spotlight, you just need to be that little extra, initiative and responsability & brains which might be an impossible challange. You're a great administrator, you know how to deal with situations as an administrator should.

fe89058123a0fc85c66813bd922a5e03.pngForum Administrator fe89058123a0fc85c66813bd922a5e03.png

Mr Whale:

Forums was always something I could spend hours upon hours on. I actually designed most of this theme we're using today. Since you took over as the forum administrator I've only seen a recolor of the theme. You could go ahead and try make some nice additions to the forum, of you're choice. Also I'd like to see some kind of event or something to get some more activity on forums, there's plenty of things you could be doing such as hosting small giveaways every now and then, might even be scheduled every weekend, which would make players hop on forums and enter the giveaway, with the managers thumbs up it's go time. This is your website, and you're partly responsible for keeping it active along with the players of the server. Especially important now due to the server's growth.
P.S: Xxxwhalexxx, pro of afking

3c86262aa48ea5a26119ec1948103685.png;Server Support 3c86262aa48ea5a26119ec1948103685.png;

Moz3arte:

Havent really seen much from you, might be the timezonoes? However when I see you, you're what I would expect from a server supporter, nothing too much and not too less. You're helpful and you spread good energy. You seem like a good dude. I'm unfortunately unable to give you much more feedback than that.

--------------

Idk what happened with the change of font mid through the feedback, ignore it lol.

Edited by Marshall
  • Like 3

Thanks for the feedback Marshall, while it was quite the read i did enjoy reading it. You make some valid points about stepping up, (surprisingly I have done some stepping up) and being active, I try my best to help out both the community and my fellow staff members as often as I can. Now back to my point about stepping up, i will step up where I'm needed but in my opinion I feel as if the Server Manager (or in your words "The President"), needs to be active more than just their own time zone. As you know I work like 24/7 it feels like and I just don't feel as if I would be able to fill the shoes of past Server Managers to the extent they need to be.

• Like 2

Thanks for feedback bro yeh for sure not much time we had together online but hopefully my life also gets a bit softer and I'll be more hours online so you get to known me. 

• Like 1

You were no kidding that you were putting your soul in this feedback and also roasting manss 😂 but I appreciate for that well thought staff feedback brother. Hearing from the former co-owner of the server on how I've been performing as server manager means a lot bro. Hopefully I can continue doing the same or even better maybe learn a thing or two from you LOL.. BTW brother, mans are not an American!! *cough* *cough* CANADIAN (Smarter than the Americans no offence to anyone except @Xilent)

• Haha 1

My feedback:
When it comes to my actual performance as the "Owner" as you like to call it, I'd say I'm doing a decent job. My main focus at the moment is marketting the server and trying to maintain the consistent playerbase that we have, alongside with the development, managing (server, staff, community) and my practise within coding on the side (although this is mostly Jarno's territorum or as I would say 'jurisdiction'). I try my best to balance it all out with my personal life as well, this being school and sometimes work when I do happen to do that, stressful at times, yes, but with the right dedication it's do-able 😮 One way or another, it's important not to burn yourself out, which is what both me and @Anonymous have a bad habit of doing, although it doesn't happen frequently. 

Regardless though, you know me, I'll never admit to or even think that I'm doing more than just a decent job at what I'm doing, as the perfectionist I am, I do notice all the wrongs and flaws in pretty much everything I do. And even if there's nothing that turns bad from the decisions I make, my brain automatically makes up scenarios in my head in which makes me believe that there was in fact something wrong that I did, which in its turn makes me think and argue with my brain for a little until I convince myself that I could've executed that certain action way better than what I did. Bad habit? Definitely, and it's something I'm personally working on improving in myself. 

Others:
I do realize the other Staff Members can speak for themselves, I just want to go ahead and inform you to be up to date (because I know you've been inactive) that currently Appealing is the "Assistant Manager" to help Banks improve and manage the server, as he's pretty new to his position with no past experiences. I can't speak for her when it comes to why she doesn't involve herself with the community much, but I'd say it's pretty much the same reason Jarno doesn't, their main focus is somewhere else - leaving the community for the people that actually have responsibility for it. 
Speaking about the Managers, the talk about promoting Xilent to become one, I feel like we've done for ages, but always concluded with the same answer, this being his activity as he says himself. We've made sure that he's aware that we're not ignoring him or anything along those lines, he's always been an option, we've all just agreed several times that he don't have the time. 

When it comes to the Forum, I don't have much experience with it, though I know Whale is working on some updates and have even implemented some plugins and differences that I can notice (but i'm not sure if these are visible for admins only or not). Though I agree with making the forums more active, I do believe that comes more towards us in the management as we need to make Discord less "valuable" in order to make them use the forum. 

Glad to see you back on the Discord, Forum and Server! Hopefully you'll stay in touch with us, although I know you're not going to be as active as before, it's nice knowing you're still around. And we all still appreciate the GFX works you've done 😮 

Thanks for the feedback, Marshy! Highly appreciated! ❤️ 

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Marshall said:

You are preeetty slow in replying to DM's though.

that's cap

• Like 3

Hello again, @Marshall! Thank you very much for the well structured and thought out feedback on all of us, it's truly really nice to see. ❤️

16 hours ago, Marshall said:

Haven't really heard that much from you since before I left. What I first thought of you when I accepted your staff application was that you would make a FINE supporter and I sure wasn't disappointed. You climbed up the ladder of ranks pretty fast but you were capable or dealing with the power and "requirements" that came along.

This means a lot to me, it's nice that it was indeed noticed and that you thought of me so highly and that I didn't disappoint you - I really wanted to prove that I was a valuable asset to the server. It's always been a passion of mine to help and support with whatever I can, whenever I can - if I have the tools & ability to do so then it will be done. I think you might know this already though since you're the one that accepted me 😊 I will always be thankful for your choice and giving me the opportunity, that will always be in my heart and I'll never forget it. I wish we had gotten to work together a bit more - but life happens, understandable ❤️ I hope that school and life has been good for you in your absence - I still remember all of the things we personally talked about and I still feel blessed that you felt you could share such things with me.

16 hours ago, Marshall said:

Nowadays I don't see a lot of life coming from your end, make yourself known, talk to the community and make announcements, login every now and then? I'm not sure if you're active and assisting behind the scenes but don't let the other take credit for your work. Let the community know that you exist and are there to manage. I don't know if there's any underlaying issues that occured or if you're lacking motivation, perhaps you could give the community a lil heads up? Sorry if I've missed something in my inactvitity, lol.

I did this a lot in the past, there'd been a point for a little while later in the year last year that multiple of us were going through some hard times in life which resulted in a couple of us stepping away for a bit for the betterment of our own health - at the time I'd been working at least 8 hours a day, Taekwondo classes 3 nights a week and various other activities while still logging at least 5-6 hours a night on the server going to bed anywhere from 2 am at the earliest to 4 am at the latest and then having to get up at 6-7 am and repeat it every single day, it became very taxing on multiple forms of health and wellbeing for myself along with other personal ongoing situations in life - I ended up breaking, I'm not saying this for any sympathy or as any excuse 😥 just to update you a bit on what occurred while you've been gone.

As for not seeing much life from me and so on, 

5 hours ago, Sadie said:

Appealing is the "Assistant Manager" to help Banks improve and manage the server, as he's pretty new to his position with no past experiences. I can't speak for her when it comes to why she doesn't involve herself with the community much, but I'd say it's pretty much the same reason Jarno doesn't, their main focus is somewhere else - leaving the community for the people that actually have responsibility for it. 

Sadie pretty much said it perfectly here, I prefer to try to work behind the scenes and assist Banks in making his decisions and whatever he needs, I'm happy to be working alongside him ❤️ when he made his first application, I asked him to put more effort into it and he basically wrote and entire essay for his application, as people should! When it came to the lineup of picks for support he was competing in I ended up wanting him as a support the most of everyone there but unfortunately he wasn't accepted by the current higher ranked staff in charge of picking at the time - I'd voiced my opinion on him though and now we're here ^^ He's earned his spot and I'm happy to help him improve, we refer to each other and very often look for the opinion of the rest of the staff/administration+ so there is no taking credit anywhere there because we work together on everything. 🤗 This past week or so that you've returned I've been really busy and not entirely able to login and stay on for extended amount of time or I've been on at wacky times i.e - 6 or 7 am or 11 pm - 2 am but I'm definitely looking to try and get on more often.

Thanks again for the good feedback ☺️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1