Sadie

Suggestion made by Sadie

• What category belongs your suggestion(s) to?
    Economy
  • Tell us about your suggestion:

As suggested by a fellow member known as ZBA on Discord; add & increase the value of items to the sell-store at home. 

I've been reading through the responses to this suggestion and I have worked out a certain things which I believe would be the most efficient and practical thing to do in terms of the suggestion. As @Marshall mentioned, adding values to each and every drop will in fact change the economy in drastic ways, whether we have one or not, cash will significantly lose its value, therefore it's important to keep in mind that we want a clear balance between the amount of items & cash. 

In the spoiler below, you'll be able to see my proposition to new item sell prices:

Spoiler

General Bosses:
    Necrolord Pieces - 15M Per Piece
    Seasinger - 800M Per Piece
    Drygore - 1,300M 
    Bandos Boots, Warshield & Gloves - 10M Per Piece
    Armadyl Buckler, Gloves, Boots - 10M Per Piece
    Subjugation Pieces - 75M Per Piece
    Bandos Main Pieces - 75M Per Piece
    Armadyl Main Pieces - 75M Per Piece
    Treasonous Ring - 1,800M
    Tyrannical Ring - 1,750M
    Ring of the Gods - 1,700M
    Tokhaar Pieces - 250M 
    Pactbreaker - 100M
    OS Torva - 1000M
    Nex Pieces - 3,000M 

In this spoiler you'll see some prices are lower than usual, and that's because in order to make it balanced we do need to adjust every single boss' drop in order to make each and every boss more valuable to do. I want to go ahead and say that these prices are only prices I'm suggesting currently without no actual testing or form of balancing, but be sure to let me know what you think about the concept itself. 
    Some prices are also higher than what they are, and that is to give an actual incentive of actually doing the boss. If the boss is dead & difficult, why not add valuable drops that could end up making the boss an actual money maker instead? (As suggested by @Marshall)

Please do comment and let me know what your thoughts are! 

• How will this benefit the server?
    who tf made this forum bro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright so we can definitely add to this list, but my first thoughts are:

There is no way those nex prices can be implemented, only because if I recall correctly, DTDing nex quickly results in drop after drop, like VERY common drops, so at those prices, at the VERY least, nex would have to be made immune to DTD but even then…idk. Although, I would LOVE an incentive for people to kill nex, currently absolutely no one in their right mind does. 

So, hold on. I’m not quite following. You’ve reduced the prices of bandos and armadyl main prices down to 75m (possibly acceptable) but you haven’t… increased the prices of the other drops. Arma boots, gloves and buckler are already 10m… same with bandos. This doesn’t make any sense unless you’re going to increase the former to 25-35m, you’ve just suggested cutting the prices of the main pieces by like 70% while not increasing any of the other prices, boots gloves ect are ALREADY only 10m.

Necrolord pieces being 15m is a little scant, the drops aren’t rare but it’s not like you’re getting 10 pieces a task, and it still takes time. Id wager 20-25m a piece. Sure, obby will be able to make money easier, that will simply be a FACT about raising prices of bosses drops, but guess what, obby is OP and is the servers gimmick, and most of the people with obby are already fucking loaded — people with obby getting a boost to profits from pvm is not going to change anything for them, it is not going to help them get elite obby faster, nor is it going to change the prices of the most sought after items ingame like elite upgrade kits, so as far as I can see, anyone replying with “well this will just be insane money an hr/across the board with obby” is irrelevant. For most people, obby is off limits for a significant amount of time. Plus, I MIGHT have issues if obby was still how it used to be, being that it was one set with three helms, but since that is remedied, these price changes are not going to allow anyone to make 1t cash and buy all obbies easily. Hell, even if it did, there aren’t and never will be enough shards ingame for that to even be worth doing, might as well just get the shards yourself by natural pvm. 

The natural corollary to this post is something I expect everyone already agrees with, not only increasing the price of some rare items, but let’s face it… adding incentive to a few bosses. QBD for example, NEEDS to have SOMETHING worth killing as a drop for. Idk if it’s intentional, but ask anyone without obby gets anally tickled by QBD currently, and it is not fast to kill. I have tried multiple times to kill qbd in my current fairly decent mid range gear, and repeatedly been stacked out through prayer for 1200 damage. As Killer Kc can attest, who I had the pleasure of watching him have an aneurism the other day trying for over an hour to get a single KC, QBD either needs to be noticeably nerfed (which I don’t recommend) or have a decent average kill drop or add a very nice rare drop, maybe very rare chance at scarlet spirit shield or something since there’s virtually none ingame, or something like that. 

The same applies to avatar of destruction, wtf? I admit i’ve skipped tasks so far, but If i recall, he doesn’t have a single drop worth SHIT. Completely vomit worthy to even think of doing the task, if my memory serves me.

Seasinger prices I agree, but you’ll never even get more than one piece so it barely matters lol that drop rate is bunk. 

Subjugation pieces I agree, I guess. Uh, the gloves- Swifts and goliaths, should be at least 200m a peice, they are currently 50, uh, no. I’ve received two swifts in 850kc, they are among the rarest drops. Definitely should be worth more than main body pieces, and half as much as hilts, since hilts are dramatically more common, and not by a little. Sadly, i’m afraid that the possible result of this suggestion may be that AGS sell price may need to be reduced down to possibly 400m or so, but in exchange for swifts being raised and arma boots/gloves/buckler being raised to 25-50 and body legs and helm being 75-100, id take the trade off. Similar story with bandos. 

I’m not sure what the sell prices of the glacor boots are, I don’t have any since I’ve had no reason to kill them, but they might need a little buff too, especially given how rarely they are killed. 

Let’s get this dialogue going, tell me what you think! 

14 hours ago, Zba said:

There is no way those nex prices can be implemented, only because if I recall correctly, DTDing nex quickly results in drop after drop, like VERY common drops, so at those prices, at the VERY least, nex would have to be made immune to DTD but even then…idk. Although, I would LOVE an incentive for people to kill nex, currently absolutely no one in their right mind does. 

The concept I provided in the thread is to raise the incentive of wanting to go to those bosses since they currently are dead content and no one does them. Though I see your point with DTD's being thrown, if throwing darts on Nex was worth it for more than just Spell Power (in this case cash) that'd result in more DTD's being thrown, meaning a higher demand for invasion tokens and eventually they'll rise in price as well. In my eyes, it's a win - win situation. 

14 hours ago, Zba said:

So, hold on. I’m not quite following. You’ve reduced the prices of bandos and armadyl main prices down to 75m (possibly acceptable) but you haven’t… increased the prices of the other drops. Arma boots, gloves and buckler are already 10m… same with bandos. This doesn’t make any sense unless you’re going to increase the former to 25-35m, you’ve just suggested cutting the prices of the main pieces by like 70% while not increasing any of the other prices, boots gloves ect are ALREADY on

As previously mentioned in the thread, I didn't carefully look over anything, these were just prices that came from the top of my head. However, if we're going to add item values like these, we have to make it balanced to each boss. Meaning I don't want to make bandos more gp/hour than Seasinger for example. The difficulty of the boss should be what determines how much money you can make from it, imo. Which is also why Nex should more or less be relatively high. 

14 hours ago, Zba said:

Necrolord pieces being 15m is a little scant, the drops aren’t rare but it’s not like you’re getting 10 pieces a task, and it still takes time. Id wager 20-25m a piece. Sure, obby will be able to make money easier, that will simply be a FACT about raising prices of bosses drops, but guess what, obby is OP and is the servers gimmick, and most of the people with obby are already fucking loaded — people with obby getting a boost to profits from pvm is not going to change anything for them, it is not going to help them get elite obby faster, nor is it going to change the prices of the most sought after items ingame like elite upgrade kits, so as far as I can see, anyone replying with “well this will just be insane money an hr/across the board with obby” is irrelevant. For most people, obby is off limits for a significant amount of time. Plus, I MIGHT have issues if obby was still how it used to be, being that it was one set with three helms, but since that is remedied, these price changes are not going to allow anyone to make 1t cash and buy all obbies easily. Hell, even if it did, there aren’t and never will be enough shards ingame for that to even be worth doing, might as well just get the shards yourself by natural pvm. 

Generally speaking, how many drops you're estimated to get for each task isn't something I care about, it's about how common the drops are. I'm going to be balancing the prices based on how often drops are made, meaning even if someone has obsidian or if someone has Rune, I'm basing it off how easily dropped the item is - as this is the best solution. Necrolord is a boss where you're going to get A LOT of drops regardless of your gear, therefore it shouldn't be too high to the point where it's better than doing an even more difficult boss. But yes, the prices still need to be adjusted, and I will look into this closer. 

14 hours ago, Zba said:

The natural corollary to this post is something I expect everyone already agrees with, not only increasing the price of some rare items, but let’s face it… adding incentive to a few bosses. QBD for example, NEEDS to have SOMETHING worth killing as a drop for. Idk if it’s intentional, but ask anyone without obby gets anally tickled by QBD currently, and it is not fast to kill. I have tried multiple times to kill qbd in my current fairly decent mid range gear, and repeatedly been stacked out through prayer for 1200 damage. As Killer Kc can attest, who I had the pleasure of watching him have an aneurism the other day trying for over an hour to get a single KC, QBD either needs to be noticeably nerfed (which I don’t recommend) or have a decent average kill drop or add a very nice rare drop, maybe very rare chance at scarlet spirit shield or something since there’s virtually none ingame, or something like that. 

I agree with this completely, the whole point is to get some sort of incentive to kill every single boss in-game, to the point where it's all rewarding. This will especially make slayer more fun and enjoyable (imo). Though when it comes to certain bosses not having drops at all, that's something we're going to need suggestions for, as it isn't quite as easy as you might think. 

14 hours ago, Zba said:

Subjugation pieces I agree, I guess. Uh, the gloves- Swifts and goliaths, should be at least 200m a peice, they are currently 50, uh, no. I’ve received two swifts in 850kc, they are among the rarest drops. Definitely should be worth more than main body pieces, and half as much as hilts, since hilts are dramatically more common, and not by a little. Sadly, i’m afraid that the possible result of this suggestion may be that AGS sell price may need to be reduced down to possibly 400m or so, but in exchange for swifts being raised and arma boots/gloves/buckler being raised to 25-50 and body legs and helm being 75-100, id take the trade off. Similar story with bandos. 

Considering the dominion tower gloves are purchasable through invasion tokens, I believe it's best to simply not put a different value to them. Though as I said, I want the value of the drops to be scaled after the boss' difficulty, and Zamorak does happen to be the most difficult out of the Godwars bosses & have the least common drops, so I believe Subjugation should be the most pricy item.

Summary:
I believe the value of the item drops should be scaled after the drops' rarity as well as the boss' difficulty, in order to create the best possible balance. The prices I have currently written up in the thread are prices that I didn't and isn't suggesting that we're implementing, but the concept itself is what I'm trying to show. The prices will however more or less look something along those lines though, where less rare drops have less value depending on the boss' difficulty.
If you do have any suggestions to exact prices yourself, then be sure to let me know as well as if you have any suggestions to drops to be added onto bosses like AoD & QBD, so that they also have a purpose.

EX: Necrolord has common drops and is generally not a difficult boss - resulting in cheap prices. Nex also have common drops - but a way higher difficulty & way more effort - resulting in high valued drops. 

• Thanks 1

Could not have said it better than @Sadie

Only thing I've got to add to this is nex pieces being worth 3b with max stack being 2147m. Might as well go for an even 2b, but again it all needs to be properly calculated. Using dtds on nex will immediately remove 500m from the profit per kill. Considering you will not, as a matter of fact get a drop every kill your profit will get a hit from that. Assuming killing nex takes 10-15 minutes without dtds, you'll get everything from 4 to 6 kills an hour. Even if you do get a drop every kill the gp per hour would be 12-18b per hour (pricing nex pieces at 3b).

It all sounds good to be as long as the gp/h is being properly encountered. As Sadie said, the tougher the boss is to kill, the more rewarding it should be. Just don't underestimate this due to the fact money will be losing its value when/if this suggestion goes through, cause this will have an impact on the eco, if it's a game changer I guess we'll see. All of this can be balanced out with money sinks, but thats anothor topic.

• Like 1